An event called The Game Festival will take place alongside The Game Awards, offering limited-time demos of various titles.
The Game Festival is a spin-off of The Game Awards, and the demos will be available on Steam.
Each will have a limited 48-hour window for you to play before they are removed from Steam. There will be over a dozen to choose from.
“Six years ago I bet everything I had to create The Game Awards as a way to celebrate our passion for gaming,” said creator Geoff Keighley. “Now feels like the right time to take the next step with The Game Festival, a completely digital approach to the consumer event space.
“Let’s face it: Not everyone can attend a physical trade show or consumer event. The Game Festival is designed from the ground-up as an event without barriers, extending the benefits of a physical event to the global gaming community that watches The Game Awards.”
Here are some of the games which will be available as limited-time demos:
- System Shock (Nightdive Studios)
- Eastward (Pixpil/Chucklefish)
- Spiritfarer (Thunder Lotus)
- Moving Out (SMG Studio/Devm Games/Team17)
- Röki (Polygon Treehouse/United Label)
- Chicory (Greg Lobanov)
- Wooden Nickel (Brain&Brain)
- Haven (The Game Bakers)
- Heavenly Bodies (2pt Interactive)
- Acid Knife (Powerhoof)
- The Drifter (Powerhoof)
- CARRION (Phobia/Devolver)
- SkateBIRD (Glass Bottom Games)
The Game Awards takes place tomorrow evening.